View Single Post
Old
10-26-2012, 01:09 AM
jroc86

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
I am not totally against moving Abdelkader. But pretty much every Wings fan that does it thinks as in the post you replied to Filppula will somehow become the third line center and Helm will play fourth line. Something the organization is just not going to do, so it is rather silly.

Emmerton and a third round pick.... Yeah I wouldn't be interested either. Maybe Emmerton, Eaves/Miller and a pick.

The Wings do not need another second/third line tweener. Even though I actually like Mason Raymond quite a bit. I just don't think it matches what the team is thinking, they need to get rid of forwards as is in Detroit. Not an even swap of them.
Lines in 2009:
Hossa Datsyuk Holmstrom
Franzen Zetterberg Cleary
Hudler Filpula Samulsen
Adbelakder Drapes Helm
Leino + Maltby extras

... what Im proposing isnt a demotion. Its spreading the offense around over 3 lines. Something that we might have the bodies to do for the first time in years if Nyquist and Brunner stick with the Wings and gel as wingers for Pav or Z (Brunner and Zetterberg is looking like a safe bet already). All 4 lines would be centered by mobile + hardworking centers that play defense... 3 of them would be legitmate scoring threats.

I know the natural line will probably be Filpula Zett Brunner when the season starts - something id totally be fine with. Just saying I like Filp as a centerman as well (he was 2nd line center when we won in 08). It would also give the option of getting Pav and Z back together more often.

Zetterberg Datsyuk Brunner
Franzen Filp Nyquist
Raymond Helm Sammy
Bertuzzi Anderson Tootoo
*Trade Cleary for Robyn Regehr

**** Im bored. Lets get this season going already ...

jroc86 is offline   Reply With Quote