View Single Post
Old
10-26-2012, 07:22 AM
BobRouse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
Couldn't the same be said about OV? First handful of seasons he took the NHL by storm. Last couple he has been a shadow of his former self.

Could be many factors as to why, but one clear reason is defensemen have figured out how to play him. It took a while, but they did. Griffin can follow that same path. Have to wait and see.

I think Griffin is versatile enough to adapt to what is thrown at him, but it will take 2-3 years before we know for sure.
Well as far as Ovechkin goes I think his downfall has not been related to "other teams figuring him out" as most pundits would believe. Again you have to remember something...I'm right like 99.5% of the time.

The problem with Ovechkin is that he lost energy and more than anything his release on his shot is nowhere near as quick as it used to be. Thats why it gets blocked all the time now. Overall it has everything to do with him. And lets face it...he got drawn into the rockstar life and that changed his attitude and passion.

I don't see that happening to RGIII at all. Not a chance.

But lets look at other players too...like Michael Jordan, super Mario, Gretzky, etc. They came in with hype, dominated and turned out as projected or maybe even better in the end.

is there anyone here who believes our Oline and receivers are not in the bottom half of the league in terms of awesomenes? Especially without Garcon and Davis our pass catchers probably don't start on very many teams.

I didn't say he is a HOFer right now. I said he is the best player in the league. There is a difference in that view. To be a HOFer you need a body of work. To be the best player in the league you have to currently be the best player in the league. IMO he is.