View Single Post
Old
10-26-2012, 09:54 AM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverjc View Post
I think the NHL and players are both going to start feeling the wrath of the fans. I am past the point of being mad then encouraged now fully pissed they cant figure this out. The sport of hockey is bigger than these the owners and current players. As a season ticket holder I did my part - I paid the bill on time - and guess who takes the brunt of these asinine billionaires and millionaires - we do as do the people that work around the rinks and restaurants. Have you heard any owner or player comment on the people that rely on them for a living? The owners and players are both now hated. Congrats.
yes, the old saying 'fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me'.....they can not skip another year 'the lack of trust' tag will haunt them, cut into their fan base, growth etc....I can see them losing upwards of 20% of their fanbase or potential fanbase forever...why follow a joke sport that takes years off every few years will be the thought

These owners sport will be ruined, tarnished, ridiculed- they can get away with this for a few months because only the diehards are paying attention- kids back to school, Fall sports is the biggest consumption of kids activities, football- especially college dominating markets, baseball, basketball- lot of distractions BUT once Thanksgiving comes hockey tickets for Christmas, interest picks up

I will be beyond shocked if they do this and still 100% believe they are doing the script and this will get resolved in November and my guess is they will get really into this right around Veterans Day.

You can say nope over- well, it will be in the hearts and minds of many of their fanbase...they (owners) are holding their breath now, not yet going into the garage and going for the cardon monoxide route