View Single Post
Old
10-26-2012, 08:57 AM
RayzorIsDull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
I would agree for the most part,should have left the 1st with a 2 goal lead or more,banged one off the post as well,2nd period 3 straight penalties and the game winner on a penalty shot,bad call on Schoenmakers put Sarnia back in at 2-2,another penalty and then the penalty shot for Galchenyuk of all people,and its all downhill,agree about the 3rd bad pp,lathargic for both teams
It was not about a lack of talent and effort last nite but more of execution of the systems taught
In games like these the best players have to score and they did not
Tonite against a roster depleted Guelph,they are only dressing 10 forwards with Garlent,Waitling and Horvat injured,though Garlent is the only top 6 forward in that group,Windsor needs to jump all over them right from the start,like they did against Sarnia
Take advantage of their defence which is not their strong pt
I would put Devlin and Bateman back in,remove Bowen and McNaughton from the lineup for tonites game
Spits now 2-2 in last 4 ,having played the last 3 on the road

I think there needs to be a shake up. The systems aren't different from what they were last year. We can talk about Devlin and Bateman being scratched and maybe moved but that doesn't send the right message. First of all you wouldn't get as much back compared to what you traded them for. You need to deal a guy like Clarke or Johnson in my mind. That would send a message as those guys are being counted upon to be part of a contender but really haven't played that well.

The idea that this team has problems scoring goals isn't just an issue this year, it was an issue last year as well. Averaging 2.64 goals per game this year, last year they averaged 3.13. I guess you can chalk that up to Khokhlachev being gone but that's ignoring guys like Clarke, Johnson, Marchese, Maletta all should have made strides. Of course the lack of creativity on the blueline is another big issue. Right now I would start the rebuild we are almost at the quarter mark with a lot 18 year olds that should be further along where they should be. Time to shake it up.