View Single Post
Old
10-26-2012, 09:19 AM
ReggieMoto

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3lovr View Post
Cancelling the winter classic is a great way to appeal to fans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverjc View Post
I think the NHL and players are both going to start feeling the wrath of the fans...Have you heard any owner or player comment on the people that rely on them for a living?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
They can not skip another year 'the lack of trust' tag will haunt them, cut into their fan base, growth etc....I can see them losing upwards of 20% of their fanbase or potential fanbase forever...
I read this today on Puck Daddy from a "diehard" fan who says he is now transitioning to being a "casual" fan. I think it explains very well why the league and the players feel they can get away with this:

Quote:
Originally written in Puck Daddy: Transitioning to the casual fan
You say you "live for your team", you "bleed" your team's colors, you are a "die hard". Listen to yourself!!! You're a fan, a fanatic, a person with such extreme zeal and enthusiasm for the NHL's product; you have begun acting like a drug addict. Well, if that is how you're going to behave, that is how the NHL will treat you. You/I/we are nothing more than drug riddled junkies looking for our next fix of NHL hockey and the NHL is happy to provide it to us