View Single Post
Old
10-26-2012, 09:29 AM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Hockey-related stuff but not worth another thread. Desperate for hockey, my wife and I went to an Orlando Solar Bears game for the ECHL. Gotta say, while it wasn't nearly the same, it was still a fun time and nice to see live hockey again. Plus they won 5-3 with leading scorer (and leading the ECHL right now) Nick Petersen getting a hat trick.

The crowd was about 5,339 people in the Amway Arena (which is a really nice arena and could totally house an NHL team) and they were having a great time and were pretty knowledgeable. Fans sing-song chanted the opposing goalie, knew when to boo a bad call, etc. Also saw just about every team's jersey you could imagine heh.

I think we'll be going to a few more games especially if the lockout persists. The Solar Bears used to dominate the IHL and were their last champions so they'll be raising a banner for that this year, maybe sooner than we see a Division Champ banner raised for the Panthers They're the affiliate for the Minnesota Wild and we might take in a game against our ECHL team, Cincinnati.

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?