View Single Post
Old
10-26-2012, 10:46 AM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineRays View Post
So Luongo coming to Van for poker tourney tomorrow. How awkward is it gonna be with Reimer, Schneider and Luongo practicing with the boys at UBC this weekend? Lol. The media are gonna have a hay-day.

Lol that will be funny.

The media: "Sooooo TO, whatdayathink?" "Any input Reimer?"

As an aside: I'd like to get a sense of what people actually think Kadri will become? Is he an NHLer?

People have remarked that AV will not allow Kadri to play here, but let's look a little deeper. In his short stint in the NHL, Kadri posted "good" possession numbers (Bozak article by Cam C), although the sample was quite small... In the AHL, he has had two PPG~ seasons, but could that be a product of a good Marlies team? Still, all throughout they have questioned his defense/attitude/worth ethic... He remains a gamble.

Saying all this, does he make for a better risk to take than either Bozak or Colborne? I can't imagine Carlyle to be that different than AV, so he's in tough either way -- But maybe this makes him a better "buy low" option than Bozak?

I look at the age of the Sedins, and the future of the Canucks and I wonder if taking on risky players like Kadri isn't worth the stretch? Sure, he lacks many things. He might not even establish a career. But if he does... You've just found a rare top6 addition, and the fact that you can push him to wing makes it even better. Could AV mold this guy into a player? Or would he struggle too much here and become a liability?

One thing is for sure, if he ever puts it together, you are not getting a player like this without paying a heavy price.