View Single Post
Old
10-26-2012, 09:54 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen65 View Post
AT THE TIME, he did not play center and he was signed to play center.
You're right, but from 2002 - 2007 he played both center and wing for Ilves Tampere and HPK Hameenlinna so he absolutely had a history of playing center before. So AT THE TIME it wasn't an odd or stupid thought that he could do it in Buffalo. And JJ (I think) has proven the signing came first, .... THEN Leino mentioned about playing center AFTER he was already signed. There was a big thread on this months ago, I just can't find the thread right now.

Quote:
AT THE TIME, he was 28 years old and had only had one productive season. AT THE TIME, the signing was ********.
He was plenty productive in a few seasons in Finland, and one in Philly. The second sentence is pure opinion and not grounded in fact. Hindsight emotional retort.

Quote:
I assume you were also a huge fan of Toronto signing Jeff Finger too? The Sabres basically signed Jeff Finger, but they signed Jeff Finger to play goalie, gave him even more money, and signed him for twice as long.
You shouldn't assume.

AT THE TIME, it was a free agent signing of the second most highly sought after forward on the market.

Again, today, yea, the signing looks pretty bad ... So far.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote