Thread: Proposal: Yakupov
View Single Post
Old
10-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Drydenwasthebest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugNugget View Post
I like Carlson a lot, and I think he's a decent to good #1D, but I'm not sure he has the same potential to leave his mark on the game that Yakupov does. Since Washington picked up Ribeiro, maybe Yakupov + something for Carlson and Laich? I think Laich could be a great fit for #2C on the Oilers.

Seems like an interesting deal. Caps fans would have to weigh in, though, as I am not 100% certain about their needs.

Couture + Clowe for Yakupov is a great basis for a deal from an Oilers perspective, IMO. Not sure if the Sharks would do it though, with an aging Thornton and a guy like Hertl a few years away from making an impact.

San Jose would never do that. Couture is a non-starter for them. Sharks fans will rip this one severely.

Price + Emelin + Tinordi is very solid offer. Price is a top young goalie and would make the Oilers a playoff team, IMO. Emelin and Tinordi are both huge shutdown guys who could play on the 2nd or 3rd pairing (Tinordi with an outside chance at 1st pairing, IMO), and would really round out our up and comers like Schultz, Klefbom, and Marincin. For salary purposes, we would probably need to include Dubnyk, which may or may not require a small throw in from Montreal.

Schneider + Edler would be a great deal if it didn't mean shipping Yakupov off to a division rival.

Vancouver wouldn't do that. Edler is too important and they see Schneider as the future. I doubt Vancouver would even be willing to do Luongo and Edler, but you would need a Canucks fan to elaborate more thoroughly on that one.
Yakupov is looking great in the minors. He has the potential to be great. He can also become a complete bust. Ask Wickenheiser, Daigle, Stefan, etc...He could even simply become decent, like Erik Johnson. The packages you are asking for are not going to be offered by most of those teams. Especially the Montreal one. We wouldn't offer Price for Yakupov +, never mind trying to get US to give Price ++ for Yakupov...lol.

Last edited by TMI: 10-26-2012 at 03:21 PM. Reason: you made several mistakes; you just didn't correct them all. don't flame
Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote