Thread: Proposal: Nyi/ana
View Single Post
Old
10-26-2012, 11:15 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
Just a thought to help kill a Friday, a fan of neither of these teams. There are prospects involved so everyone try to stay calm!

C Ryan Strome
W Matt Martin

W Emerson Etem
W Devante Smith-Pelly

--------------------------------------------------------------

Why do the Ducks do it? Getzlaf no longer looks like a top flight centre and most of their forward prospects are wingers. Plus Koivu doesn't have long left and Nick Bonino and Andrew Cogliano won't cut it. Strome gives them a real potential top 6 centre. Martin brings some hits and pugnacity to the bottom lines and some much needed depth for the Ducks.

Why to the Islanders do it? After Tavares, they have Neilsen and Nelson among others. They could use a skilled winger like Etem in their system. Yes, they could move Nelson or Strome to the wing, but I think Etem would fit with Tavares well eventually. The get DSP because I think Strome is the better prospect over Etem. People may complain here, but let's be reality, DSP is not going to be a top 6 player, he'll be a very effective bottom 6 player.

Flame away!
Neither Strome or Martin have done anything, to make the isles sour on them.

Isles have quite a few promising skilled, center prospects, so I'm expecting some of them to be shifted to the wing. No interest in moving either Strome or Martin.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote