View Single Post
Old
10-26-2012, 11:34 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Yakupov is looking great in the minors. He has the potential to be great. He can also become a complete bust. Ask Wickenheiser, Daigle, Stefan, etc...He could even simply become decent, like Erik Johnson. The packages you are asking for are not going to be offered by most of those teams. Especially the Montreal one. We wouldn't offer Price for Yakupov +, never mind trying to get US to give Price ++ for Yakupov...lol.
This Sharks fan was the one who made the offer in the first place. Yes, Couture is basically untouchable, but Yakupov is one of the few players in the league that I'd add to him to get. The Sharks need a real young franchise forward, and Yakupov would be that player. Obviously I love Couture and I think he's a fantastic young player, but Yakupov is on a different level. I don't think Couture is good enough to carry this team post-prime Joe Thornton, I think Yakupov would have a chance.

Personally, I'd love to flip Couture+ for an elite young forward: Any of the Oilers kids except Eberle, Patrick Kane, Bobby Ryan, etc.

As for Clowe... I'm just not a fan of him and personally I wouldn't miss him too much. The only thing would be that we'd only have 5 top-6 forwards. But Chicago manages to live with that. Put Nail and Thornton together, and they could float pretty much anyone on their LW. A Tommy Wingels or a TJ Galiardi, perhaps.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote