Thread: Proposal: Yakupov
View Single Post
Old
10-26-2012, 12:05 PM
rockinghockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
I would do any of those if I was Edmonton.

Hodgson - Two-way top 6 centre. Unlikely to hit the #1 C aspirations people thought he would a few years ago, but he solidifies Edmonton down the middle with RNH/Hodgson
Myers - Gives you a true pillar to build around on the blueline. He's that potential high end piece Edm is missing back there.

Fills two major holes.

Schneider - One of the best young goalies in the league. Has put up better numbers than Luongo, who has been a top 10 goalie for a long time. Edm would be greatly improved with elite goaltending
Kassian - Edm could use a bit more size/grittiness in their top 6. Not the best piece out of all of these, but still fills a need

Fills one major hole and one minor hole

Hamilton - Arguably the best defence prospect in the world. Has the size, skill, and skating to be a true franchise D.
Subban - A big question mark as he was JUST drafted, and goalies take a while. But he looks GREAT. Would instantly become Edmontons best hope for a #1 Goalie down the line. In a few years, Edm would have a great group of forwards, a great D corps, and hopefully a budding star in net to play behind a solid team

Potentially fills two major holes

VS

Keeping Yakupov, who is fairly redundant since Edm already has Hall/Eberle (not to mention Hemsky). The team doesn't need three franchise wingers. They need another Centre, a top end D, and a #1 G. Trading Yakupov could go a long ways to filling a few holes and making the team much more competitive
I would take Gagner over Hodgson any day of the week.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote