View Single Post
Old
10-26-2012, 12:23 PM
bernmeister

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKING30 View Post
The Isles have paid their fees when they came into the league and like someone else said could move anywhere in the LI,BK, or Queens area without giving compensation. If the Isles wanted to move into the city they would then have to compensate Dolan, who i also believed was a big reason of why the Jets West Side Stadium was blocked. He didn't go for it.
This more specifically answers the question, thank you.

The bottom line is, apparently when the Isles got started, they were allowed anywhere on the (Long) Island, and presumably there is a specific clause to that effect, AND the geographical reality that Brooklyn (and/or Queens) is part of Long Island supercedes the reality that those locations are also boros in the City of New York, which is the home turf of the Rangers, not just Manhattan.

I don't think that is fair, but I understand your explanation.
The Devils had themselves situated across the river, and they had to pay, but they were still technically not only in another municipal or equivalent location, but actually in another state!

The Rangers are getting gypped, IMO, if the above stands.
The clearly consented to another franchise within NYS, on the 'Island' but not one which additionally included any other NYC boro, including Brooklyn/Queens.

What we need is a class action lawsuit!!!

Thanks again for the insight.