Old
10-26-2012, 12:38 PM
Fugu
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
I bet the MLB thought they had 7-8 months of extra negotiation time in 1994.
The point is that the lesson was learned by the owners. The difference then is from Aug/Sep to March.

If people really were working towards a solution that was fair to both sides, that's plenty of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
I find the hockey is more interesting than the NHL if you get the right teams playing. Some teams like Lev and Minsk play boring defensive games, despite being thebig names being there. A team with less than 5 mill. payroll (leagues smallest) Metallurg Novokuznetsk is a run and gun team and sits 2nd in league goals for! Teams like this, SKA, Magnitka will bring the fans because your going to see at least 3 or 4 highlight real plays in these type of games.. Today KHL would have been better off showing Magnitka - Spartak, some great plays there today.

I think the KHL just wants to show games where the biggest arenas are the most full with some of the NHL names, but I watch a tonne of KHL and can tell you that these are not where the interesting games are.
Sounds like you enjoy high scoring, 1980's NHL-style hockey? (Probably without the enforcers and bench brawls.)

Fugu is offline   Reply With Quote