Thread: Proposal: Yakupov
View Single Post
Old
10-26-2012, 01:55 PM
tsujimoto74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
I appreciate that we fans always overvalue players on our teams, and I think Myers will be a very good D man in this league, but Yakupov will very quickly become worth far more than Myers. Think of the dynamics Yakupov and Grigorenko could have playing together, you are talking about a duo that should both be near the top 10 in league scoring for years...
Yakupov and Grigorenko play terribly together, and I'd rather have a 6'8" (potentially) franchise defenseman + a decent 2C (Hodgson) than one undersized, though highly skilled, scoring winger. I'm 100% sure Buffalo management feels the same way. Myers is easily the 2nd most important player to the Sabres after Miller. Our winning % with vs without him in the lineup is evidence of that.
There's almost no one in the league I would trade him for. "Fair value" is nice, but Myers wins us hockey games. Though I'm not even sure I would call that deal fair value, tbh. If all 3 players involved reach their ceilings, Edmonton would be making out like bandits.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote