Red Wings player destinations during the Lockout
View Single Post
10-26-2012, 01:11 PM
Join Date: Oct 2012
Originally Posted by
I have some formula for Swiss league statistics to calculate how Brunner fits against other NHLrs.
So this figure is as simple as (goals + assists/2) per game:
1. Henrik Zetterberg 2.00 (3gms, 5+2=7pts)
2. Patrice Bergeron 1.70 (5gms, 6+5=11pts)
3. Petr Sykora 1.30 (5gms, 5+3=8pts) (he has shooting percentage of 42, nice job from Joe Thornton...)
4. Damien Brunner 1.27 (13gms, 9+15=24pts)
5. Rick Nash 1.06 (9gms, 7+5=12pts)
6. Tyler Seguin 0.95 (10gms, 6+7=13pts)
7. Linus Omark 0.93 (15gms, 6+16=22pts) (it was really interesting to notice that Omark was 0+0 and -3 until Brunner arrived...)
8. Brooks Laich 0.85 (10gms, 5+7=12pts)
9. John Tavares 0.81 (8gms, 4+5=9pts)
10. Jason Spezza 0.77 (11gms, 5+7=12pts)
--. Logan Couture 0.77 (11gms, 4+9=13pts)
Non-NHLrs scrapped from this ranking:
Julien Sprunger 1.17 (3gms, 3+1=4pts) (hot start, then injured)
Jacob Micflikier 0.85 (13gms, 8+6=14pts) (it's kind of Seguin makes him)
Glen Metropolit 0.81 (16gms, 4+18=22pts)
1. Henrik Zetterberg 6.3
2. Damien Brunner 5.3
3. Rick Nash 4.9
4. Patrice Bergeron 4.6
5. Tyler Seguin 4.1
6. Robbie Earl 3.6
7. Jason Spezza 3.5
8. Logan Couture 3.4
9. Jason Williams 3.2
10. John Tavares 3.1
Noboby scrapped from this list.
Babcock must love Brunner's mentality. It's a freaking goal-scoring game. Shoot the god damn puck. You don't have to teach him to shoot more, like Pav or Filppula.
It should be noted that EV Zug only managed to score 2 goals in those 2 games before Brunner arrived. Omark was, however, 1+4 in 3 European Trophy games without Brunner.
Also, I wouldn't read too much into whether Brunner produces better than the NHL players since most of them are North Americans who aren't used to the big rink and whose style of play fits better with the small rink. And we don't know how well Brunner will adjust to the size difference once the lockout's over.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Forsse90