Thread: Prospect Info: 2012 Prospect Thread IV
View Single Post
Old
10-26-2012, 01:19 PM
Beegoalie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
You guys do know that Phillips is centering the second line and is certainly getting top 6 time right?
Realize this..nobody said he wasn't?(or at least in my post) All I said that he needs top 6 time and PP time to be effective. To elaborate more on that I think that when/IF the NHL ever starts playing again Phillips will become more of a force in Houston because he will be on the TOP units PP and even strength alike.

If just Granlund makes the Wild that throws Phillips centering Coyle and Zucker, one with who he has already showed great chemistry with.

My point? He will develop much better with those two offensively than he will playing with a Kris Foucault all season.

I think that right now the lockout is a blessing in disguise for guys like Bulmer, Larsson, Phillips because they aren't relied on at the AHL level yet and therefore the pressure is down and spotlight is not on them. They can acclimate to the game and get accustomed to professional hockey, or hockey in North America(Larsson) and grow into full rounded players. Then when the time is right they will be relied on offensively as well.

Once that time comes then need to show that they can produce offensively in the AHL to further there aspirations of being solid top 6/9 NHL players.