View Single Post
Old
10-26-2012, 03:39 PM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
I think there needs to be a shake up. The systems aren't different from what they were last year. We can talk about Devlin and Bateman being scratched and maybe moved but that doesn't send the right message. First of all you wouldn't get as much back compared to what you traded them for. You need to deal a guy like Clarke or Johnson in my mind. That would send a message as those guys are being counted upon to be part of a contender but really haven't played that well.

The idea that this team has problems scoring goals isn't just an issue this year, it was an issue last year as well. Averaging 2.64 goals per game this year, last year they averaged 3.13. I guess you can chalk that up to Khokhlachev being gone but that's ignoring guys like Clarke, Johnson, Marchese, Maletta all should have made strides. Of course the lack of creativity on the blueline is another big issue. Right now I would start the rebuild we are almost at the quarter mark with a lot 18 year olds that should be further along where they should be. Time to shake it up.
Rayzor
I am not ready to skake things up or blow up it yet
I think most teams go by 10 and 5 game blocks,and when u look at Windsor,the 1st 5 games,they went 3-1-0-1 after an opening home loss to owen Sd 3-0-0-1,the next 5,they went 1-2-0-2,going 1-0-0-2 after losses to Guelph and London,and during this stretch of 4 going 2-2-0-0 playing 3 of 4 on the road,with the only stinker at Brampton
The 1st 10,The Spits went 6-3-0-1 not bad not great but respectable,the fact they sit 1st at this pt in the division is surprising,though every team in the division have been inconsistent
It looks like Plymouth is coming on,though losing Wilson for 2-3 weeks hurts,as well for others SSM and Saginaw are struggling,Windsor hot and cold,sarnia just ended a 3 game losing streak against Windsor last nite,not exactly a world beater though with Galchenyuk in the lineup a better team I imagine,wont be the case if he makes Montreal should there an Nhl season I beleive
Spits play 5 on 5 still ok,last nite the ppg and penalty shot goal by Galchenyuk the difference,plus a blown pp by Windsor
Excluding the bad game in Brampton the Spits have only allowed 4 goals 5 on 5 in the other games 2 against Erie in 2 games and 2 last nite excluding the empty netter
The Spits seem to set with 4 on defence in Ebert,Seiloff,Posa and Seiloff,after that its been a carousel with nobody amongst the following 4 in Bateman,Devlin,Mcnaughton and Bowen grabbing hold of the final 2 spots
Upfront Ben Johnson is struggling big time and that certainly has hindered the offence
Inconsistency is killing this time not giving up on them yet