Old
10-26-2012, 03:16 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
shift

vCash: 27750
Quote:
Originally Posted by txomisc View Post
I wouldn't doubt at all if that is used somewhere. The thing I find weird about it though is that the gold portion of the star at the top is still detached from the rest. That makes zero sense without the other letters.
The irony here is that the only sense it would then make would be as a nod to the North Stars, i.e. pointing up, or north.

The whole controversy about the colors seems so bizarre to me. I'm going to take the Flyers here as an example since we've had a couple of Flyers fans posting here since the Jagr signing -- can you imagine if Philadelphia just randomly decided to change their colors to dark green and silver in order to better match the Eagles? Of course not. There would be pandemonium... the streets would run red with blood (only a slight exaggeration). So why are the Stars, a team that's been green & gold (in one form or another) for as long as the Flyers have been orange, considering changing 45 years on? It speaks to a certain amount of insecurity in the organization IMO.