View Single Post
Old
05-15-2006, 06:40 PM
turnbuckle*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCrunch
Maybe I'm the only one here but I like Latendresse and I don't want him to turn out like Ribeiro, Dagenais, Zednik, Bulis or Sundstrom.

That's why I don't want him in montreal yet.

To be honest, I wanted him to stick to the club at the start of the season but what I heard throughout this year made me realize he was still a bit immature and needed some more work.

I want a hard hitting, driven, disciplined and passionate player to wear the hab jersey, not a 18 year old kid who doesn't care to train hard enough.

If it were to me I would have a guy following our prospects 24/7. And I'd greatly stress the need to knock anything that's remotely soft back into place.

If he belongs to the NHL at 19, let him dominate his junior club 1st and show a hardass pro coach like Sutter that he means business and then maybe we'll talk about the Pro.

Not before.

I believe that is a narrow minded view on the situation. If Colorado followed that POV wojtek Wolski wouldn't have played in the playoffs and would stay in the minors for at least two years since he didn't even make the WJC squad. Latendresse was out of shape and he still made the team - given your logic if he shows up at training camp in shape Latendresse should make the Habs while Wolski should be sent to the ECHL.

Sutter (who managed a junior team that didn't even make the playoffs BTW) is not the final authority on Canadian prospects...in fact if not for a high scoring game in his final exhibition game, Corey Perry wouldn't have even made the 2005 squad as Sutter had him as his odd man out. All he ended up doing was play on the top line, and lead his team to the Memorial Cup.