View Single Post
Old
10-26-2012, 03:30 PM
jfb392

vCash: 500
If you're not interested in watching Northeastern-New Hampshire or Alaska-Anchorage-North Dakota on TV tonight or a low quality stream of the Amerks game online, NHL Network US, Sportsnet, and TVA Sports will have Moncton-Blainville-Boisbriand tonight at 7PM EDT and repeated at 10PM and tomorrow at 3PM.
Here's a rundown of draft eligibles and players to watch on each team:

Marc-Olivier Roy (#11, BLB): Could be a first rounder this year, at least a second or third rounder I think. Very dangerous offensive player.

Xavier Ouellet (#16, BLB): Captain of the Armada and should be on Canada's blueline at the WJC. Detroit second rounder in 2011.

Cédric Paquette (#18, BLB): Tied for second in team scoring with the aforementioned Roy. Was drafted by Tampa Bay in the fourth round last year.

Stefan Matteau Jr. (#23, BLB): Just kidding. He's suspended. Again.

Storm Phaneuf (#27, BLB): Not sure if he'll be in net tonight because he started the last two games, but could be a second or third round pick this year. No, he's not Dion Phaneuf's brother that went to the Q.

Christopher Clapperton (#57, BLB): How this player went undrafted last year with the horrible depth of the draft confuses me. He currently leads the Armada in scoring.

Julien Bahl (#81, BLB): Someone I'll be watching closely, personally. Was a first rounder in the latest Q draft, should be on Team Québec's blueline at the U17's, and could be one of a good bunch of defenseman coming out of the province. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

Marcus Hinds (#92, BLB): Ranked by CSS, don't know if he'll get drafted.

Jonathan Racine (#3, MON): One of a few members of the Memorial Cup Shawinigan Cataractes that moved to Moncton this season. He probably won't wow you, but he's a great defensive defenseman and unless Moncton turns it around, he'll likely be moved to a contender. Was a third round draft pick of the Panthers in 2011.

Jonathan Narbonne (#15, MON): Another former Cataracte. Not really an NHL prospect, but great at the Q level and will probably be a minor leaguer.

Allain Sauliner and Alex Saulnier (#19 and #21, MON): The Sedins of the East. Fun players to watch at the Q level and I could see them becoming good minor league players.

Ivan Barbashev (#22, MON): Late 95 that was the first overall pick in the CHL Import Draft this past summer and a likely first rounder in 2014. I'm interested to see him in the Q, as the only other time I watched him this season, he got thrown out of the game on the first shift.

Dmitri Jaskin (#26, MON): Second round pick of St. Louis in 2011. The leading goal scorer for the Wildcats.

Alex Dubeau (#31, MON): Another Cataracte. I'd guess he'll be getting the start tonight. Probably not an NHL prospect though because of his size.

James Melindy (#42, MON): A third round pick of the Coyotes last year. Disappointed by his start, but he's a pest and has offensive potential.

Yannick Veilleux (#67, MON): Another Cataracte and another St. Louis pick, this time in the fourth round in 2011. Does a bit of everything.

As a side note, if you're looking for hockey to watch, I recommend the QMJHL this year.
It's cheaper than the other two leagues and was expected to be filled with potential first rounders this year, but more just cheap emerging.
It's probably getting close to double digits at this point.