View Single Post
Old
10-26-2012, 03:44 PM
Nanabijou
Playoffs back at Nat

vCash: 500
Count me out. That's not to discourage anyone who wants to do this, more power to you, but I have no interest in this.

I want the players and the owners to be locked in a room and get this lockout resolved. I hold both sides equally responsible for this debacle and I don't want to see or hear from any of them until this is figured out.

This has the potential to feel too much like a PR stunt, as in: "look how the players want to play for the love of the game and give back to charity" is what I say to that. I'd much rather them actually donate their time behind the scenes to charity and minor hockey teams (which at least some are doing, to their credit) than to do something like this.

I also agree that I wouldn't want to see the actual NHL all-star game taken away from Columbus in future years, and while the chance is remote, I could see that happening.

Instead of NHLers, what I WOULD support is that we could somehow swing an exhibition game between Canada and USA world junior hockey teams before the tourney starts around Christmas, OR a Springfield Falcons game held here in Columbus around the time of the All-star game. All proceeds from the game would go to charity - none to the owners - and I would guess that the game would have to be held at the Schott then.

Nanabijou is online now   Reply With Quote