View Single Post
Old
10-26-2012, 06:19 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
Again, we've all had this discussion already... But if you're interested? Short-form:

The 10-fight rule is not targeted at the fights that you mention. An example of a rule that would do so, would make it illegal for 16 and 17 year old players to fight at all. The 10-fight maximum is aimed at advancing toward taking fighting out of the league altogether... Aside from the potential harm it may cause (although not excluding it) I strongly oppose the rule on principle alone.

Regardless, I don't see what you're talking about as an epidemic, I don't think it's exclusively bad, and NO - I don't have a particular bloodlust when it comes to children (if that's what's being implied).
I don't think they will ever take fighting out of the game. And a ten fight max pretty much just affects your goons.

Many young players nowadays are going the college route. I think the OHL realizes that some of them are not going to the OHL because of the fighting. I think this is the OHL's way of showing parents that they care about safety and that they are being proactive.

Central Scrutinizer is offline   Reply With Quote