View Single Post
Old
10-26-2012, 06:44 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Seventh for Hasek is defensible (although I had him #2) - it just depends upon which factors one finds valuable.

And these are seven great goalies - it's not necessarily an insult to say that one of them is seventh-best.
Not sure I agree. Multiple Harts and Pearsons seems to be a big deal when it comes to the skating positions, and you need your fingers AND toes to count the number of guys who can lay claim to that. The only goalie in history with the same claim, who is also second only to Jacques Plante in Vezinas trophies, and broke a LOT of the individual performance statistic records (regular AND post season) set by everyone else he's being compared to in this round, can "legitimately" end up outside the top 4 or 5 goalies of all time?

... sorry, I can't even agree just a little bit. It's certainly nice to see my favourite goalie of all-time come out on top in round 1, but to see the guy that I consider the best of all time get a 7th place vote... vomit. But I'm more than willing to see the explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24 View Post
I mean if someone places a HIGH, HIGH premium on elite level playoff performances, I guess a Hasek vote at 6-7 makes a little more sense. I also voted him 2nd, but I don't think it's absolutely the most ridiculous thing ever.
Even then, you know who held the record for shutouts in a post season before Brodeur broke it in '02/03. And you know who has posted the 2nd, 18th, and 23rd highest single post season SV% numbers all time (22nd being the highest single post season among all the other Round 1 candidates). And you know who holds the best overall playoff SV% among all of the guys in Round 1 voting... just for starters. I mean, that's talking "level" as best you can without incorporating team elements like # of Cup wins, wins (or losses, for that matter, which could hurt a guy like Roy, for example) just as much as his wins help him), and even GAA. 6-7th starts becoming slightly less ludicrous with the playoff/consistency angle... but...

Last edited by Ohashi_Jouzu: 10-26-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote