Thread: News Article: 10 game cap on fights in OHL
View Single Post
Old
10-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Rumpy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
I don't think they will ever take fighting out of the game. And a ten fight max pretty much just affects your goons.

Many young players nowadays are going the college route. I think the OHL realizes that some of them are not going to the OHL because of the fighting. I think this is the OHL's way of showing parents that they care about safety and that they are being proactive.
Or kids/parents are 2nd generation players who never made it and wish they had taken oter routes. I know Jayden Shwartz is one for sure that was never gunna be allowed by his parents to play chl. If your kid isn't gunna be a elite player in the CHL it's best to pass and play for a scholarship. Even div II and III pays for a bit and you can still make the show if you are good enough and get the eight breaks at the right time (IE Lucic haha). The CHL is great at producing good hockey players but there education system definately suffers with road trips and kids being away from home. The CHL offers "free school" for evey year played but I would venture to say atleast 50 to 60 percent of them waste that opportunity/aren't in the position to take advantage of it.

Last edited by Rumpy: 10-26-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Rumpy is offline   Reply With Quote