View Single Post
Old
10-26-2012, 07:24 PM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineRays View Post
I keep going back and forth on Kadri. After watching a few Marlies games, I think AV will eat him alive. Realistically, he's David Booth when he first came to Van. Their defensive shortcomings and risky plays entering the o-zone were near identical. David Booth was 27 and he managed to 'buy in' to AV's system and turn things around. Kadri is 22, theoretically easier to mold, I think he could be taught.

Unlike in Tor, Van can flank him with a glutton of strong 2-way wingers and solid defensemen. They did the same with Hodgy, but Kadri has an added luxury of being able to play wing.

The work ethic/nutrition situation could be comparable to Kassian. Gillis said 'he's young, he's still learning', then they sent him touring N. America last summer to train. Look at him now, he's lost weight, gained strength and a full stride.

Despite what many people believe, AV has a good track record developing players and young guys. I think he could work in Van.

I agree. He could work here, but it will be a long road for him... anywhere. I think that ability for him to transition to wing is key. Hodgson couldn't do that well. Perhaps Kadri could?

If you have to take a chance, Kadri is actually a "safer" bet than say Colborne because the latter doesn't have the same offensive component. Colborne is probably just as unlikely to transition into a bottom6 role as well.

Maybe I'm just wanting to see a bit more skill in the line-up, and Kadri brings that...