View Single Post
Old
10-26-2012, 08:01 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nona weisbaum View Post
I mean the players are so stupid because all they are doing is fighting a losing battle here. They're just going to continue to lose and lose and lose. But with that being said, I can understand why they don't want to just bend over and take it. the NHL owners are no ****ing better. Just because they'll ultimately win, doesn't mean that it's right to keep going down lockdown road. They're nothing more then bullies who are going to hold the league hostage until they get what they want. And then 7 years down the line they'll no longer want what they got and they'll hold the players out to get something different. Rinse and repeat. How tiring is this damn process? I'm completely sick of this **** already.
I think if this finally gets through to the owners/league... we might see a turning point.
I was saying this the other day, and I still stand behind it.

If the owners want the players to make contractual and salary concessions... they're going to have to throw an incentive in there. No matter how half assed.
I don't know what it is, I don't know what the owners are willing to give up... but they have to dangle that carrot to get the players to meet them halfway.

With Fehr leading the way, if there is not even the most minute sense of victory in even the remotest areas of negotiations, nothing is getting agreed upon any time fast.

That is the biggest onus that I put upon the owners at this moment.
The players are going to get gutted and they know it, but after 04-05... they need something.
You could say that's on the players to find... but after last week, I don't think the players trust the owners to read more than 2 words of anything they put down on the table.