: Prospect Info:
2012-2013 Connecticut Whale/Greenville Road Warriors Thread (AHL, ECHL)
View Single Post
10-26-2012, 09:33 PM
Change is good.
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Originally Posted by
Thoughts about the just completed Whale game:
1. Miller is getting more and more confidence and tonight, he was the best Whale player on the ice. Goes to the net well and can go into the traffic areas and come away with the puck. Very impressive.
2. Newbury had a terrible game. He was a non-factor on Wednesday too.
3. Kreider was not on one of the top two lines, but seemed to work well with Bourque when they were together. Expect him to move up tomorrow.
4. Without Tessier, the team does not have a consistent face off man. Really showed at the end of the game when Yogan was called upon to take a crucial own zone face off and lost it.
5. The D was not good at all tonight. Gilroy is the number one guy and his work in his own zone was as I remembered.
The team is a work in progress and
while several in the Rangers organization told me that Connecticut would be offensively challenged, I think the bigger issue is defense.
Guess they were counting on the AHL vets + McIlrath + Redden = solid defense?
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by BrooklynRangersFan