View Single Post
Old
10-26-2012, 09:30 PM
WBC8

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Perhaps it's because vitriol, derision and disdain are what come across in his writing?

Funny that you should mention a piece he did on Recchi, as Recchi is one of the few players in the past few years that Dupont hasn't trashed at one time or another. It's gotten worse than tiresome. "Too much Sunrise," anyone?

The best example of Dupont's attitude was a piece he wrote a few years back about his most memorable experience as a writer. He didn't write about a great game or a fantastic performance, but about Harry Sinden rampaging through the old Garden on his way to send some poor cowering schmoe to hockey Siberia. That was his most memorable experience?

Granted, serious, sad stuff happens, but bottom line, sports is supposed to be fun. I get that sense of joy from writers like Leigh Montville, or Joe Posnanski. I don't get it from Dupont - from him I get sourness and snark and Hey you kids get off my lawn. So I don't bother reading anymore.
He said as a writer, not as a fan. As far as too much Sunrise, you really should go back and read some of those threads and revisit how Horton performed for most of that season, before the play-offs....

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote