View Single Post
Old
10-27-2012, 12:12 AM
mriswith

vCash: 500
The more this drags out, the more I do think that it's going to take a lot more than hf thinks it will to obtain Luongo. I'm going with Gardiner+1st/prospect as my prediction.

The more I look at these collections of spare parts Toronto is trying to sell us, the more I think that keeping Luongo and having him split games with Schneider helps us more than trading him if that were actually his value. Looking at what returns would be for comparable (i.e. franchise) goalies around the league, I think we've lowered our expectations too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
A much more legitimate approach would be to question why so few teams have expressed interest in acquiring Luongo.
What he said is fact, what you said is your opinion. Guess which one is actually legitimate?

Quote:
The cap is virtually irrelevant; it holds no legitimacy. The fact that fans seem to place such a disproportionate value on cap-hits (to the point of detriment or propping of the actual abilities of players) is both unfortunate and frustrating at the same time.
Know how I know you cheer for team that isn't a contender?