View Single Post
Old
10-27-2012, 02:49 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DyerMaker66 View Post
Many of them do that to go to Toronto every day.

That makes absolutely no sense: Hamilton's arena is in the exact centre of town and is passed by every single bus that goes down there. Ottawa's arena is on the outskirts of town near absolutely nothing. Like I said: It's a 15 minute walk to Copps from the station. It's a fifteen minute drive from Ottawa's downtown to Scotiabank place; they're not at all alike.
your argument would make a lot of sense if
a) there were a ton of middle-to-upper class residents in the 'centre of town' (i'll remind you again that the town we're talking about is hamilton, ontario).

b) you expected NHL-southern ontario to be able to survive on hamilton residents alone.

hamilton has a lot of things going for it. It's a great location, and the region is more-or-less hockey rabid. That said, there are two major issues: copps isnt NHL sufficient and hamilton is behind in getting it NHL efficient compared to their competitors, and Hamilton claims to have access to this great untapped market yet accessibility for this market is insufficient. These are issues that need to be addressed, and quickly. I personally have no doubt that hamilton would be without a doubt the best option for the next relocation/expansion site should they be addressed, but they havnt, and no one seems to be planning to do it within the next 2-4 years (which is the timeframe most seem to think/expect the NHL is looking at).

Last edited by danishh: 10-27-2012 at 02:55 AM.
danishh is offline   Reply With Quote