View Single Post
Old
10-27-2012, 03:02 AM
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!

vCash: 500
This may have been the sloppiest//ugliest//hilarious game I've ever watched.

Without further adieu.

@

Box Score

1st
---

Penalty - CAR - Alex Semin - 5:15 - 2:00 for interference (phantom call, this one pissed me off, he checked a guy behind the Rangers net who, while never touching the puck, sure looked like he did)

ES Goal - CAR - Eric Staal (unassisted) - 13:50 - Wrist shot from low slot - Turned the puck over at centre and skated in 1 on 3 and beat Lundqvist with a hard wrister.

ES Goal - CAR - Alex Semin (Skinner, Gleason) - 15:11 - Skinner tipped a Gleason point shot on net, and the rebound spilled to Alex at the side of the net. Easy backhand put in.

ES Goal - NYR - Sammy Pahlsson (Michael Sauer, Dan Girardi) - 18:54 - Sauer hit Pahlsson with a gorgeous pass in the high slot, and an equally gorgrous wrister cut the lead in half.

2nd
----

ES Goal - CAR - Jordan Staal (Justin Faulk, Jarome Iginla) - 7:32 - Faulk slapshot from high circle bounced off Lundqvist's pad straight to Jordan at the sideboards who let fly with a hard snap shot. It bounced in off Henrik's elbow.

3rd
---

Penalty - Jeremy Welsh - 5:31 - 2:00 for roughing (another phantom call, apparently he got his elbow up on Marc Staal I guess, from the replay I can't see anything, but that might be the closest?)

PP Goal - NYR - Marion Gaborik (Brad Richards) - 5:34 - Richards won the face off to Gaborik and Bang!!, 3-2.

Three Stars
------------

* - Jordan Staal - GWG, +2
** - Cam Ward - 26/28 Saves Made
*** - Eric Staal 1G, +2

The last three minutes of the game were the funniest//saddest thing I've ever seen in the history of hockey, I rewatched it twice. In the last 3 min, the Rangers had 14 neutral zone turnovers. We also had 7 shots on an empty net. Four went hilariously wide, one hit the crossbar and two were Pitkänen getting the puck in the high slot, shooting the puck, hitting Dan Girardi and having it bounce back to him, then shooting again.... and hitting Dan Girardi again.

Carolinas Identity is offline   Reply With Quote