View Single Post
Old
10-27-2012, 03:36 AM
DyerMaker66

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
your argument would make a lot of sense if
a) there were a ton of middle-to-upper class residents in the 'centre of town' (i'll remind you again that the town we're talking about is hamilton, ontario).
There are.

Quote:
b) you expected NHL-southern ontario to be able to survive on hamilton residents alone.
It can. I don't expect it to, but it can.

Quote:
hamilton has a lot of things going for it. It's a great location, and the region is more-or-less hockey rabid. That said, there are two major issues: copps isnt NHL sufficient and hamilton is behind in getting it NHL efficient compared to their competitors, and Hamilton claims to have access to this great untapped market yet accessibility for this market is insufficient. These are issues that need to be addressed, and quickly. I personally have no doubt that hamilton would be without a doubt the best option for the next relocation/expansion site should they be addressed, but they havnt, and no one seems to be planning to do it within the next 2-4 years (which is the timeframe most seem to think/expect the NHL is looking at).
That just depends on how the NHL wants it to play out (or how thhey get forced to play it out).

DyerMaker66 is offline   Reply With Quote