Thread: Proposal: Phi/ sj
View Single Post
Old
10-27-2012, 04:15 AM
The Flin Flon Bomber

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt trick View Post
I like to swap them for similar center prospects. It would be pretty disappointing if we wouldn't get a Jim Vandermeer type 6/7 out of Petrecki. I don't think he will never make the nhl. He does some nice attributes.
I'm wary of players in the AHL being described as a defensive defenseman. But having never seen him play, does he have attributes that can be developed on the offensive side like the ability to move the puck out into the neutral zone or a decent outlet pass or something like that.

Cause the Flyers have a string of AHL defenseman ready to make the jump in the next few years that would be ahead of him if he has no ability to contribute offensively in some way. They're stacked with an abundance of bottom pairing type d-man. Its the top pairing D that needs to be addressed.

I would be wary of parting with a high draft pick (2nd or 3rd) for someone who can't be projected to anymore that AHL/6-7th tweener.

Again, haven't seen him play so I have no idea what his attributes are beyond what has been said in this thread.

The Flin Flon Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote