View Single Post
Old
10-27-2012, 05:01 AM
Man Bear Pig

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
What do you mean?

20 minutes of high intensity interval work like you are doing is a lot more effective than 45 minutes walking on a treadmill. Of course, you have to be able to walk on a treadmill before you can do the high intensity stuff.
I boxed for 5 years and much of the circuit training done at the brand name gyms is a waste of time. It will say do this or that workout for a few minutes and get a noticeably tighter stomach, or something to that effect. When in reality, that's far from the truth. To get in really good shape it takes dedication, a great diet and more hours than you can count at the gym. I just think a lot of people give up on the gym because they aren't seeing results soon enough, mostly because they aren't doing to proper training IMO. I had a few friends quit the gym recently because they weren't seeing results. What were they doing? the circuit training. I'm not trying to come off arrogant but I definitely have my theories to training that go back to my boxing days and I truly believe that some workouts, plenty actually, are a complete waste of time which could be spent doing another workout. Just my opinion.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote