View Single Post
Old
10-27-2012, 10:09 AM
Spitsfan67*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisy View Post
To me Bateman's treatement reminds me of Posa a couple of years ago, that season Posa was supposed to step up into a full time defenseman, but he stunk it up and was a healthy scratch a couple a couple of games and finally got the message and started to play much better and since that time has been a regular in the line up. I keep thinking that is what they are doing with Bateman, but everytime he gets back into the line up he makes the same mistakes.
Huge difference first look at where Posa was drafted and then where Bateman was, and then look at the team Posa was trying to make(The Mem cup team) with players like Ellis, Fowler, Cudari, Young, jus to name a few he was an extreme surprise to make the roster and as he said himself "it was a blessing" an 11th round pick making that team...Bateman a first round pick with tons of up side and some hype coming into this league has had a chance on a young team and a defense where there is no reason he shouldn't be making the team, the think is he's been playing like crap and deserves to watch, last night again I wasn't impressed as I saw the kid getting pushed around, gave away the puck a couple times and was caught out of position... Don't know what it is with him, don't know where his head is but maybe he needs a change of scenery that could help him and the spits.