View Single Post
Old
10-27-2012, 10:50 AM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
I was listening to JD on Edmonton radio the other day, and one of the questions was how JD was going to start things. He answered that the next day he was having a meeting with the hockey operations staff to talk about the direction of the team, and make sure that everyone was on the same page.

I took that to mean that JD was going to sit down and let everyone know what his plans were, and if they were not on board with it then they could look for employment elsewhere.

Also, I am sure that he will, or has, informed everyone as to what their responsibilities with the organization are, and that means that Howson knows what his role is.

I don't think that JD will step on peoples toes, or micro-manage their jobs. What he will do is expect accountability, and if someone is not performing as he expects them to, then they will be replaced with someone who will.
I gathered from his opening presser and Q and A that JD was going in asking a lot of questions and listening, mostly, to see what direction hockey operations was heading. Certainly he, and we all know, that last year was a miserable season. He gets that, but from what I understand he is listening mostly. This is a great way to begin, because then he can really gauge what is going on in the building, so that he can truly assess what he wrong and then go about fixing things. So, instead of going in with guns blazing, he is listening and measuring what is actually taking place. Once he has done that, then he will hold people accountable. This can and will take place rather quickly. I have done it myself, and have seen it done elsewhere. If the person is really smart, and JD is, then a quick assessment will be made and plans will formulate in going forward. But I do agree, accountability is now the norm and people will be given every opportunity to show their worth, and if not, will be replaced rather quickly.

Fred Glover is offline   Reply With Quote