View Single Post
10-27-2012, 10:51 AM
Registered User
htpwn's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Poland
Posts: 18,158
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
As a US citizen, you are required to pay taxes on money earned in other countries. However, I believe it's the first 4 years that you don't have to report the money
I was responding more from the Canadian angle. I've never gone through the process myself but my understanding is that one can declare themselves a non-resident, provided they meet the conditions to do so. Non-residents do not pay Canadian tax on income earned abroad. I could be wrong though.

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote