View Single Post
Old
10-27-2012, 11:02 AM
Dysentery
Ottawa Senators

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsquanch View Post
Word. Should the art ross and hart winners from the east be scrutinized because they play there?

I think there's a difference in play style between the two conferences, no doubt about it. But there's nothing to stop you from scoring at a high rate in the west, thats just absurd. Ask Thornton or the Sedins. Are people suggesting they were enormously better than the stars in the east they beat out those years, just because they played for western teams?

In my opinion, the west is more defence oriented because because in actuality there are less star/impact type players who play there. A lot of those teams have to adopt the "clog the neutral zone/dump and chase" style because that can still win you a lot of games if you dont have that star power, and the system is executed properly.

When you have a weapon to use like a Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, Karlsson, Ovechkin, Kovalchuck ect., you do whatever you can to put it to good use. Your wasting a lot of talent that can win you games if not.

So my point is that if Karlsson made his way to the west, Im sure he would do just fine because whatever team got him would likely try to get every ounce of his talent out of him.
You mean like putting him on the PK, because all top D play the PK, you cant win the Norris without good PK time right??

Dysentery is online now   Reply With Quote