View Single Post
Old
10-27-2012, 11:45 AM
Robb_K

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL fan in IA View Post
Good to hear. I've always liked Zubov. The impression I get from the press release is that he'll be giving his opinion of already drafted prospects playing in Europe. I think if he would be a part of the decision making process on who to draft from Euro, clubs, he would've been named a scout, not a consultant. Just the impression I get anyway. I don't know if this will really impact Vladi much but regardless, I like the hire. Still, how many former Stars is that in the org now? I don't have a problem with any if the ex-Stars Army has brought in but it would be nice to see him go out of comfort zone sometime.
I would guess that Zubov might spend some tin working with The Blues in North America as well (mostly during camps and pre-seasons), but the bulk of the time in Europe. I assume, due to his watching the pro European leagues, that he'd be playing only a minor role (input in entry draft scouting decisions), and a larger role in getting pro scouting information to Armstrong & Co. (e.g. info on European pro player prospects owned by other teams when related to potential trades or organisational player needs of The Blues. That all can be done because Zubov will be watching The Blues' prospects play in those leagues, anyway.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote