View Single Post
Old
10-27-2012, 11:55 AM
blahblah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Glover View Post
I gathered from his opening presser and Q and A that JD was going in asking a lot of questions and listening, mostly, to see what direction hockey operations was heading. Certainly he, and we all know, that last year was a miserable season. He gets that, but from what I understand he is listening mostly. This is a great way to begin, because then he can really gauge what is going on in the building, so that he can truly assess what he wrong and then go about fixing things. So, instead of going in with guns blazing, he is listening and measuring what is actually taking place. Once he has done that, then he will hold people accountable. This can and will take place rather quickly. I have done it myself, and have seen it done elsewhere. If the person is really smart, and JD is, then a quick assessment will be made and plans will formulate in going forward. But I do agree, accountability is now the norm and people will be given every opportunity to show their worth, and if not, will be replaced rather quickly.
Some people come in, install people they know and trust and let them do the same on down. I get what you are saying, but there is more than one way to skin this cat.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote