View Single Post
Old
10-27-2012, 12:51 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Thanks for the replies. I can see it both ways and see what you guys are stating with this.
I'm old school on this though. I expect the Farm clubs actions to foremost express the needs of the parent teams at all times. Several times last season I observed a player getting sent down and not getting what they required to develop their NHL game.

I guess I don't buy into the notion of the Binghampton/Sens connection but probably because I have such contempt for the Sens and don't think they'll ever amount to anything anyway. I guess if one see's the Sens as a great NHL team you get a different view.
IMO we have really 2 legit top 6 NHLers/prospects in the AHL this year, can you guess who they are? Then you have Hartikainen and maybe Paajarvi if he can continue to improve his game, the rest all look like bottom 6 players to me at this point. Our only offensive players are Arcobello (will never have an NHL career with us) and Green (see Arcobello). Now this is where it gets interesting, we have 4 dynamic players in our NHL top 6 so we can afford to have a Hartikainen, Paajarvi, or Pitlick in the top 6 if need be down the road, so in this sense I'm fine with giving them time in offensive roles.

As for Binghampton they had alot of players graduate to the big club last year after a Calder Cup championship and the Send went from one of the worst teams the year before to a much better team last season.