View Single Post
Old
10-27-2012, 01:20 PM
worraps
Acceptance

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
I can understand no wanting Luongo for other reasons listed, the length for a team that will have to be resigning RNH, Schultz, Yakupov and other young pieces may not want Luongo and his cap hit long term, that's why I wanted to see what Schneider would return.

The bolded however is just wrong. You don't have to take him based on the stats, but that statement is incorrect. All of his stats, last year included, and his play in general, are a little up and down, but are all grouped together pretty consistently. If you don't want to take my word for it, here:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=1050

He's getting older, and his contract is long, but in no way is his play getting worse year by year.
I don't mean to say that Luongo is bad now. He's not. Regardless of what the stats say, in my mind, he is easily still a top ten goaltender.

Given that he wasn't a late bloomer, Luongo is definitely getting worse every year simply due to the effects of normal aging. He reached physical maturity and mastered his craft some years ago. He's now reached the sad point where time is taking more from him in quickness and agility than it is providing him in experience.

worraps is offline   Reply With Quote