View Single Post
Old
10-27-2012, 02:31 PM
BubbaBoot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Phil View Post
Chicago - Maybe it is the logo on the front of the chest. But despite not winning a Cup from 1961 up until 2010 I still thought that one of the NHL's most nostalgic teams makes the NHL more entertaining when they have a good team. Whether that's seeing Denis Savard do a spinorama or Jeremy Roenick's antics or the "love them or hate them" type of players like Chelios or Belfour I think this is a franchise few people loathe and most don't mind seeing them do well. How can you dislike Jonathan Toews too?
I'd go with this. They're an O6 team but when I was out there last I was surprised as to how few rinks or interest there was in hockey itself. I can only think that it was still fallout from the Wirtz Family debacle.

When they are playing well with a good core of players they definitely make the NHL better. Hell, even my ex-wife, a Chicago native and a big sports fan, but who hated hockey, texted me right after the Hawks Cup win a few years ago, "That was a very exciting series". I texted back, "NOW you understand why I love hockey like I do?".

BubbaBoot is offline   Reply With Quote