View Single Post
Old
10-27-2012, 01:32 PM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

vCash: 500
First it was "Who will be better: Karlsson, Carlson or MDZ?"

Then it was "Who will be better: Karlsson, Subban, Schenn?"

Now it's between Karlsson, Chara, Weber, Doughty, Petro and Karlsson was the one who came away with the Norris. So that's my pick.

Had Karlsson gotten 40 points and played flawless defense and someone else had gotten 80 points and played "good enough" defensively. Karlsson wouldn't have won the Norris. That guy who got 80 would have. You put a name to the achievement and his reputation follows him. Karlsson wasn't great defensively his first two season and he didn't have the numbers to back it up. However last season, we all saw major improvements in his play defensively. The haters are obviously all gonna nitpick and look for the smallest things. Of course he bound to make mistakes in his game. Majority of the time, it wont end up in a goal. In fact, more often then not, when Karlsson makes risky plays, the puck ends up in the other team's net.

I think they're all tier-1 when it comes to young defensemen. But I'll take Karlsson, his offense is just too much better. While the other two are better defensively, I don't think I they're that much better to the point where they make up for Karlsson's offensive superiority.

The Waffler is offline   Reply With Quote