View Single Post
Old
10-27-2012, 03:17 PM
Greeningfan14

vCash: 500

Murray Resigns; Byrne Hired

Shocking announcement comes 1 day before season opener

Chris Byrne, new Ottawa Senators GM.

1 day before the start of the 2012-2013 season, the Ottawa Senators had some shocking news. Bryan Murray scheduled a press conference to announce he is resigning from his seat as General Manager. He will stay with the organization in front office.

"I have chosen to step down for personal reasons" Murray said. "However, I am not leaving for good, as I'm staying in front office".

Who's replacing him? You don't have to look far for him. Ottawa 67's coach-GM Chris Byrne will be taking Murray's vacant position. Byrne is a surprising choice, as more experienced options were available.

"I'm honored" Byrne said. "I've been around Ottawa with the OHL team for awhile now, so that's a plus. I will be sure to bring playoff hockey to Ottawa, and that's a promise".

Byrne had been the 67s' coach and general manager for a couple years. Last season, he led them to round 3 of the OHL playoffs.

"I will be sure to bring playoff hockey to Ottawa, and that's a promise." - Chris Byrne, Senators GM

The Senators begin their regular season tomorrow night, against the rival Montreal Canadiens. The Sens' lines are as follows:

Forwards
Michalek - Spezza - Alfredsson
Silfverberg - Turris - Latendresse
Greening - Smith - Condra
Winchester - O'Brien - Neil

Defencemen
Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Gonchar
Phillips - Gilroy

Goalies
Anderson
Bishop