View Single Post
Old
10-27-2012, 03:18 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
For someone in the demographic they hope to appeal toward (young adult). I simply cannot get into Baseball. The game is incredibly slow paced and low tempo, with frequent lulls of near inactivity. In fact, I often joke watching the five minute long highlight reel on TSN equates to just about everything exciting in the game. Granted, that is obviously an exaggeration, to a certain extent anyway, but ultimately how I feel about the game.

I, by no means claim my opinion as objective fact. This is pure conjuncture, although I suspect more people within my age group tend to feel the same given these statistics.
I like baseball - but the games can be way too long. Last Jays game I went to my friend and I finally left at the beginning of the 8th b/c the team was losing and game was dragging. We left, got a cab, sat in gridlock for a while and when I got home to my place in midtown I turned on the t.v. and the game was still on!

The good thing about hockey is if you watch a game, from start to end (incl. t.v. breaks and intermissions) you're looking at about 3 hrs - and when the game is being played it's got constant action.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote