View Single Post
Old
10-27-2012, 03:58 PM
RichOnTheLI

vCash: 500
Beside having an NHL team in my backyard, two things come to mind.

When we finally got back into the playoffs for the first time in a while! I can't remember the date, but we were beating Washington 6-0 I believe, then the Caps came all the way back to make it 6-5. We held on for the win and the 3 stars of the game were Claude Lapointe, Kenny Jonsson, and Steve Webb!

Another game I'll never forget was a game maybe 8 years against the Blackhawks in the middle of a blizzard! Charles Wang was handing out the promotional Islanders hats and serving free hot chocolate. Also free parking for that game was awesome too!

It seemed like the each section had about 5-10 people for that game and I believe we ended up winning!

Reading all your stories makes me real emotional about this move. I'm crushed that it will become a hassle to attend the games in BK. Especially after a long day at work, at night, and in the cold.

I wish things would have turned out better for us Long Islanders, but I guess this team deserved a first-class arena and unfortunately. it wasn't going to be here on the Island.

Honk, Honk, Honk Honk Honk!

RichOnTheLI is offline   Reply With Quote