Thread: Prospect Info: "All Things Peoria" thread...
View Single Post
Old
10-27-2012, 05:08 PM
Kshahdoo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Blues View Post
Great 3rd period for the Rivs. Haven't seen that often. Need to repeat for games Sat and Sun also.

1st period wasn't too exciting. Wolves had the better chances.

2nd was all Wolves from the the start. Goal was on a horrible give-away. Ponich and Shields were hemmed in and either Shields or McRae had the give-away at the blue line for an easy 2-on-1 Wolves goal.

3rd was the Rivs period obviously.

Overall shots were pretty even but Chicago had 3 post shots and 2 of those were near empty net chances.

Again I'll say Schwartz was the best player out there. He played 1st line with Hensick and Nesbitt. He just has that high hockey IQ and had some great passes. I thought his defense was solid too. That line did get caught in their own zone for some long shifts. Not much muscle on that line. Hensick needs to win a faceoff once in awhile too.

Tough game for McRae coming back after missing the opener. Looked like he was trying to do too much. Shattock was really hustling out there, perhaps some motivation to stay. Murray had a good game also, winning puck battles, tough on the boards etc.

Jake has now been a star of the game in 3 straight. Expecting McKenna to get the start Sat. night.

Rivs played 7 D with most minutes going to Cole/Chorney and Fairchild/Ford. All 4 were pretty solid...Cole with the hit of the game again.

I seriously did not see Wannstrom play the 1st period or most of the 2nd, but he was out there a ton in the 3rd. Provided some energy out there.

Andronov and Cundari were scratches. Wouldn't read too much into that as Rivs are playing 3 games in 3 days. Barriball and SDR still on IR.

Attendance was poor, just under 4K. Although Okla. City had only 3K and they have RNH, Eberle, Paajarvi, and Schultz playing in town.
Lol, why is it so low? I mean in some canadian village it would be two (or even three) times higher. Especially with such players in the roster.