View Single Post
Old
10-27-2012, 07:50 PM
Minister of Offence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle View Post
I was lurking earlier in the season when the Karlsson for Norris threads starting popping up. Everyone thought Ottawa fans were crazy. Even they were a little sheepish about Karlsson's chances.

Then Karlsson got on an absolute tear shortly after the midway point... people started getting mad. I'll call this Eternal February where HF conversation started becoming saturated with Karlsson talk.
We were actually providing good arguments but not many see him enough to recognize that. Speaking for myself, I made a thread when he was starting to touch the 70 point pace saying that if he hit that mark he'd have a great chance, but that odds were his production would increase. At that time, he had the leagues lowest shooting percentage at 1.2 percent, he was right around top 5 in the league in SOG as well.

What happened after? In the second half of the season he scored on a 35 goal pace prorated for 82 games and went onto put up 78 points.

People like to look at the numbers, and so do we of course because they do speak for themselves. But what makes those numbers possible is how much he has the puck and how he much he puts the puck on net. Those abilities aren't likely to go anywhere and although there will be fluctuations in his point totals, statistically he didn't exactly get lucky in terms of above average shooting percetange or playing on a top team.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote